Job Type: Contract Position
Volleyball Winnipeg offers programs from Mini Volleyball and Youth Volleyball to Adult Volleyball. Respect for our core values is paramount to our growing success and these values are reinforced in everything we do.
Respect – is demonstrated in words and actions. Treat our athletes, parents, referees, and others with respect.
Responsibility – the ability to own up for your actions is paramount to an organizations success. This refers to attending practices and competitions as required and being prepared at all times.
Honesty – being fair and truthful with athletes and parents. Remaining consistent in words and actions.
Courage – possessing the confidence to resolve issues as they arise.
- You can participate as a volunteer coach within our Youth Recreational League which allows for initial development as a coach and free access to skills camps for your child.
- You can participate as a club coach within the VISION Elite Volleyball Club, Volleyball Winnipeg's High Performance program.
- Manage the team’s equipment inventory.
- Attend practices, weekend competitions and coaching meetings as assigned.
- Teach the fundamental skills and advanced skill progressions along with team tactics.
- Understanding of Volleyball Canada rules and provincial coaching certification requirements.
- Plan practice plans, game-day strategies and demonstrate an interest in collaborating with other program coaches to improve and grow as a coach.
Working knowledge of the game.
Coaching experience preferred and will determine coaching assignment.